By definition, a video game is an interactive electronic entertainment that involves you the player who can play via a computer, a phone or a game console like Xbox or PS. Making your own video game has never been an easy task, but with determination, after you follow this guide you will achieve your dream which will be memorable even to share to the world.
LAYING THE FOUNDATION IS THE FIRST METHOD.
- Pick the genre of your choice. To come up with an entertaining video game you must be creative enough to come up with a very unique game even though the game must be based on the genre of your choice, just to state some of the most common genres include: shooters, racing, arcade games, adventures among others.
- Decide on your platform. To develop a video game you have to decide on your platform as different platforms have a different mode of control .for smartphone mode of control is commonly tilt and touch, PC games control mode is mouse and keyboard while gaming console control using gamepads. Also, learn about the common desktop support issues you may encounter.
- Lay down your preliminary design. By doing so you bring your concept of the game you want to make and also see if the idea you have can fit in a video game.
- Come up with a core philosophy. The philosophy will always act as a driving force for your game that makes you know if the game has met its basic goals.
- Clearly state your features. The features you come up with will make your game different from other games in the same genre. This will help you convert your ideas and concepts into an action sentence.
CREATING A DESIGN DOCUMENT IS THE SECOND METHOD.
- Coming up to finer details. Writing a design document is crucial as it is the basis of your video game that is the settings, plot and more.
- Design a table of content. Table of content will help you address all the aspects of the game.
BEGIN TO PROGRAM IS THE THIRD METHOD.
- Make a choice on an engine. This is the base of the game that contains the host of development in order to make game creation a bit easier. Though it is advisable to use an existing engine rather than creating a new one. After that, you should learn your engine, but when the programming used is beyond your capacity you can hire someone who can comprehend.
METHOD FOUR IS CREATING ASSETS.
- Consider the requirements of your project. Depending on the game you want to make you will have different needs. some games are simple while others are complex.
- Design the structure and layout of the game. This is the start of constructing the game itself, where you come up with the different levels.
The FIFTH METHOD IS PUTTING IT ALTOGETHER.
- During the progress of video game making, it is always good to play to make sure that the game remains entertaining and cohesive.
- After putting everything in to order you can invite your friends to play the game to find the fun before you release it to the world.